Windows 10 which came with great ui/ux design and most user friendliness. So people always try to use Windows 10 and they change their windows 7 and update it to Windows 10.But there is a most faced problem in Windows 10 is the auto update. When any laptop or computer with Windows 10 connected with an internet connection then it automatically start to update the operating system.
I have also face this problem and it cost me a lot of dollars of GB. So I’ll guide about how to permanently turn off Windows 10 auto update.
There are two way to turn off auto update of Windows 10. One are by services and another by editing group policy.
- First click win+r at once for open registry.
- Then write services.msc and click Enter.
- A service Window will open.
- Now scroll down and search for “windows update”.
- If you got it then left click on “windows update”
- Another window will open.
- Now look for “startup type” .
- You will found startup type as manual.
- Now click on that drop-down menu and select “Disabled”.
- And then Ok.
Congratulation you have successfully turn off auto update of Windows 10.
Here’s another way to turn of auto update if windows 10.
- First click win+r at once for opening registry.
- Then write gpedit.msc and click Enter.
- A Window will open.
- Now click to “User Configuration”.
- Then “Administrative Templates” and then ” Windows Components”
- Now scroll down for ” Windows Update” and click on that.
- Now click on “remove access to use all windows update features”.
- A new window will appear and look for “Enabled” in the left corner of that window.
- Click on “Enabled” and then press “ok”
This two steps work for turn off Windows 10 auto update..